Sunday, October 15, 2006

Addicted to Documentaries

I just spent this weekend watching this movie and I have to tell everyone that this is a must watch. It reveals the gross underbelly of what makes a corporation how they think (they'd be psychopaths if they really were individuals) the lack of care and concern for individuals and the world, and so much more. You might be thinking, "Duh, I know all that..." but you probably don't know this much about it. From the mouths of various CEO's from big corporations to leading economists like Milton Friedman from the University of Chicago, to anti-corporate combaters like Michael Moore they are all here and put together in an in depth analysis of the corporation...

(One word of warning, the whole bit on the dairy farms and Monsanto might make you vegan...it's worked for us...)



And that's just the movie I saw this weekend! This Saturday is our 11 year anniversary and right now we're planning on going to see Jesus Camp at the Drexel East movie theater. It has provoked much comment among my family and friends and I'm looking forward to seeing it and reporting back on what I think about it (because I know you're all dying to know my opinion about everything!).




Then to top it all off on the 24th we get to go to see Al Franken's God Spoke at the Wexner Center for the Arts and I can't wait! I saw the preview for this film and thought I've got to see this. I'm most impressed with this man's ability to just rip into the right's talking heads and not be afraid of the back lash. If it were me I'd go the John Stewart route, "The thing about criticizing someone on their own show is that they're there....Awkward!" Anyway, it will be a week filled with liberal left leaning diatribes and will be totally refreshing...aaahhh I can feel the release already....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, so Jesus Camp is supposed to be a very even handed look at this evangelical children's camp and not left leaning rhetoric. But I may have just convinced Jaime to see Robin William's new movie which is definitely left leaning rhetoric thinly disguised as a fictional movie...I can't wait!

Me said...

You didn't have to convince me to see Man of the Year. And I thought going to see Jesus Camp on our anniversary was ruled out as tacky and depressing as soon as the idea crossed our lips. And we're not vegan yet--I'm holding onto eggs with white knuckles.

Anonymous said...

- Firm (or med/firm) tofu with veggies and spices makes an excellent 'scramble' for breakfast.
- soft tofu replaces eggs nicely in baking
- cumble soft tofu and mix in vegan mayo, chopped pickles, mustard, spices (like spike) and some fine chopped veggies and you have an excellent 'tofu salad' to replace egg salad
- for my degrees potluck tomorrow I am making vegan potato salad with tofu instead of eggs...it's really good!

Anonymous said...

oops - the third one, "crumble soft tofu" should read 'firm' tofu.

Unknown said...

See Jaime, you can have your "eggs" all you want! There was even an "egg" sandwich in the Garden of Vegan book! I'm thinking we need to go this route...Let's keep working on her Faith!