Thursday, October 26, 2006

Killin' Time

It's raining outside, I just barely missed the 2:18 bus, I had an exam today so I'm...sitting in a cafe on campus waiting for the next bus to come. It's funny I used to have this really bothersome problem of having to pay for something when I'm just sitting somewhere. Like buying a cup of coffee while sitting in a cafe using their free wireless. Right now....not so much.

Updates:

  • The class at church has been delayed until January because of lack of interest. They forgot to promote the next string of classes so nobody's signed up for anything. Alas, my adventures there will have to wait. Jaime's thinking that I should meet with the pastor in charge of the classes and layout what I want to teach and then let them decide if they really want me to teach. That way there's no surprises.
  • Al Franken: God Spoke--Hilarious! If it comes to your neck of the woods, you've got to see it.
  • Said exam went fine. I think I only missed two questions, we'll see when we get it back.
  • nothing else to update
Miscellaneous:

It occurred to me that I used to not be very political. Democrat or Republican take it or leave it, neither one seemed all that great. I'm finding myself this time though really taken in and being passionate about not Republicans. I'm becoming increasingly liberal and looking for ways to put the conservative Christians in my life on the defensive. I had a dream last night that someone at church found out I was a Democrat and got all up in my face saying things like, "How can you be a Christian and vote Democratic?"

And I was like, "Why do you vote Republican? Just because their supposedly pro-life? They're not pro-life, they want to kill everything except unborn babies!" Then I gave them a Bible and was all like, "Show me where in the Bible it says not to commit abortion, and I'll show where it says to feed the poor, seek justice and be merciful."

And they were all like "Uh, Uh, Uh."

And the I was like, "Thought so."

Having read that, I think I have conflict issues with people in my church. I should work on that, or maybe I should just be myself and then not worry about it, or maybe I should just be mostly myself and kinda' worry about it...I think I need a therapist. I think I need to run to catch my bus.

4 comments:

studmuffin said...

thank you for not having feet.

Unknown said...

God No! No feet here!

Me said...

Ben loves my feet! Esp. the toe rings.

studmuffin said...

sick. you two are sick. you with the feet, and you with the liking them... ugghh!