Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Talk about spotty blogging...

I have this really guilty conscience whenever I'm doing anything that's not homework so there has been a great decline in frequency but allow me to give my excuses: I'm taking 16 credit hours (the minimum for full time is 12) all graduate courses in 3 different languages. Observe:

1) French for Graduate Research 1 (i.e. learn to read French, but not speak it so when someone on your bus sees you with the French textbook and starts talking to you in French, you can point out that it says French For Reading--speaking hypothetically of course)

2) German for Graduate Research 2 (i.e. find a scholarly article on your subject and start translating you lazy S.O.B.)

3) Hebrew 601--basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar or...how to know what vowel goes where because you foolishly picked a language without vowels...

and the killer

4) Hebrew 621--Jerusalem through out the ages. Taught 90% in Hebrew with readings from Biblical to modern day writers. Let me explain that it's much like reading about London from writers in the oldest English possible to modern English...totally different grammatical structures and I've been working with about 5 different lexicons to translate all of them.

So right now, my brain is fried from my French and I'm slacking off on my German (I still need to translate one more page for tomorrow) and feeling anxiety build up. Must run...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*pats Ben on the back*

I know you like it even though it's overwhelming, and sometimes it's just crazy! Keep pressing on.